Do you want to be part of a force for good, helping to make life better for customers & society in the moments that matter? At Hodge, we put people at the heart of our business and that means our customers, colleagues and communities. Hodge is a Welsh financial service provider that focus on commercial lending, savings and specialist residential mortgage markets. The company is unique in that it is 79% owned by the Hodge Foundation, a charity established in 1962 that awards grants to registered charities and is funded by the profits from Hodge.
As part of our team, you will be responsible for providing daily support to our Origination Business Development Managers. This includes working alongside them to establish and maintain relationships with intermediaries and promote our Commercial Lending Investment and Development products. Your role will be crucial in supporting the delivery of our Commercial Lending business plan, with a focus on client satisfaction, business development, brand profile and reputation, risk management, conduct, compliance and staff development.
- Provide general administration support for day to day new business origination processes, assisting the Business Development Managers as required.
- Ensure that customer data is captured and updated promptly and accurately on all records and systems.
- Analyse all information relating to KYC/AML and complete Client Risk Assessments for submission and approval.
- Assist with loan completion drawdowns, ensuring transactions are within authorised and agreed sanction terms.
- Liaise with clients and third-party advisors by telephone, email, and letter to ensure that client requirements are met in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Manage the inflow and recording of new business enquiries.
- Maintain and develop trusted relationships with key external contacts, developing the Hodge brand to support and grow the business.
- Assist Business Development Managers with new business completion transactions and Development, ensuring payments are made within the required deadlines.
- Assist Business Development Managers with research and preparation of new business applications in preparation for credit submissions. This will include, for example, analysis of financial accounts and tenancy schedules, preparation of cashflow forecasts and risk rating models.
- Assist Business Development Managers with fielding initial new business enquiries.
- Educated to GCSE “A” Level standard, or equivalent.
- Experience in general business banking or financial services experience in a commercial / mortgage lending environment
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Organisation, planning, ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Uses own initiative
- Active team player
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office (excel, word and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamworking and interpersonal skills
- Research, analysis, and interpretation of financial and non-financial information
- Excellent written & report writing skills
- Analytical and methodical thinking
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent
- Working towards Banking Diploma
- Experience of Real Estate Investment or Development
Please be aware that should we pursue your application, all our Financial Services employees will be expected to complete background checks to assess suitability for employment, these include; a criminal record, identity, sanctions, adverse finance, fraud prevention and reference checks to comply with our regulatory requirements.
Hodge is an advocate of being an equal opportunities employer, We believe in promoting equality and diversity which is central to our lives today. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and recognises the value a diverse workforce brings to an organisation.
Apply today to become part of Hodge’s mission to make life better for customers and society in the moments that matter.