Our legal process
You can find out more about documentation you need to send us in our lender handbook.
Release of Funds
- We transfer funds by CHAPS the day before completion in readiness for completion the following day.
- We ask for five days notice for completion and ten days if it’s a new build property and a re-inspection applies.
- There aren’t any charges for transfer of funds . To enable us to release your funds, you’ll need to submit a Certification of Title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find the Certificate of title in the Smoove (formerly ULS) portal. This will be in the Lender Template section once you log in.
- Please note the mortgage reference number will not be recognised on the Smoove portal and is only used when you contact Hodge directly. If you have any difficulties accessing this document please contact Smoove directly using the contact details below.
You can get a redemption statement by email. Please email email@example.com to request this. Please include a signed Letter of Authority to act for your client.
You can access the Mortgage Deed in the Smoove Portal. You can find this in the Lender Template section once you log in. Please note the mortgage reference number will not be recognised on the Smoove portal and is only used when contact Hodge directly. If you have any difficulties accessing this document please contact Smoove directly using the contact details below.
Joining the Smoove Panel
|Agreement to Lender’s General Panel Terms||Agreed|
|Number of Partners/Directors/Principals||Minimum of 2 Partners/Directors/Principals|
|Authority to Practice||SRA/CLC confirmed for firm and all practitioners|
|Minimum PII cover in place||£2 million (£3 million ABS/LLP)|
|PII claims||No substantive claims against PII within last 4 years.|
|Minimum trading period of firm||No claims or Claims notified either do not relate to conveyancing or are not considered material after further investigation|
|Address history/adverse credit (firms with 6 partners or fewer)||Greater than 1 year|
|Address history/adverse credit (firms with more than 6 partners)||No adverse results returned for any partner|
|SRA/CLC disciplinary record||No adverse results for any Partner undertaking Conveyancing work|
|SRA/CLC disciplinary record||No material records for any Partner or Conveyancing Practitioner during last 3 years|
|If you meet these requirements you can apply to join via the online application form|
Contact SmooveIf you need to contact Smoove you can call them on the details below.