Hodge Bank is a privately-owned bank providing lending, savings and retirement solutions in a manner which is fair, friendly and personal and which improves the lives of our customers, colleagues and communities through the work of the Hodge Foundation.
We are a financial services business focused on the retail savings, commercial lending and retirement markets. The Hodge Foundation, a charity supporting the welfare, medical, academic and educational areas own over 75% of our business. This drives us, knowing that by helping our customers to achieve their goals, we are also helping good causes that are important to us.
We have achieved significant growth over the last few years and have ambitious plans to expand further. We are seeking a commercially aware savings leader who can bring their exceptional skills and experience to the management of our newly formed savings function. Reporting directly to the Retail Director, this is a high-profile role with leadership responsibility for the savings department.
As MD Savings, your key responsibilities will include developing a five year strategy and plan for the Savings business unit.
Using your knowledge and experience, you will develop the framework to deliver this strategy with and through your team achieving financial objectives which include volume, blended margin, cost of acquisition, cost of funds relative to market and operational costs.
Other responsibilities will include:
- The design and creation of savings products and propositions, ensuring compliance with the product governance policy approved by Board.
- Oversight to ensure adherence and compliance to regulatory requirements across the savings business unit.
- Oversight of the management and distribution of savings products through direct channels, price comparison websites and savings marketplaces/platforms.
- Oversight of the operational servicing of savings, working with the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Customer Experience to identify opportunities to enhance the customer experience for savers
- Ownership for the customer journey and use call listening, customer surveys and complaints as tools to identify opportunities to enhance the savings business unit
- Development of a best in class team supporting the groups vision of delighting our customers and delivering on agreed service levels.
- Leadership of the savings business through periods of transformational change inclusive of digitalisation, process re-engineering and developing a culture of continuous improvement.
- Member of the Retail Leadership Team, working with the Committee to develop a business plan and strategy for adoption by the Board.
- Act as a subject matter expert with colleagues, sharing best practice, identifying training needs and recommending or providing training/coaching where appropriate.
- Communication of the savings business unit goals and objectives to both the savings team and wider bank. Be receptive to ideas and suggestions from colleagues to achieve strategic aims.
- Support the risk culture of the organisation by taking personal responsibility for identifying and managing risks in everything you do.
To be successful you will need:
- To be degree qualified or equivalent qualification
- A demonstrable track record of running a savings business/ department in a small and/or new entrant bank
- Experience of delivering high levels of employee engagement and leading through transformational change.
- Proven experience of people development, coaching and leadership.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of: BCOBS, FCA and PRA regulatory frameworks.
To apply, please submit your CV with a covering letter as to why you are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org