An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Financial Planning & Analysis function for a highly analytical professional with the ability to solve complex problems to join our team at Hodge.
As an FP&A analyst, you will be reporting into the FP&A Manager, responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and analysis that supports relevant business channels and informs the decision making of senior stakeholders.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the FP&A manager and finance business partner to deliver the budget, strategy, monthly rolling forecasts and other regular reports.
- Ownership of all FP&A models and processes ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Driving efficiencies in models whilst ensuring model governance is always met.
- Curiosity and desire to understand commercial drivers and the organisation as a whole.
- Preparing monthly and ad-hoc information packs and presentations to be shared at director and board level.
- Ability to bring numbers to life to non-finance professionals.
- Identifying key drivers and providing analysis on particular areas of risk and opportunity.
- Providing frequent ad-hoc analysis or model development as and when required.
- Supporting the business with analysis of financial information for strategic initiatives.
- Perform benchmarking to identify economic and business trends.
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts, and performing variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Highly analytical
- An Excel expert
- A natural enquiring mind
- Attention to detail whilst being able to see the broader picture
- Ability to provide insightful written communication
- Excellent time management
- Financial modelling is desirable
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in finance/accounting
- Educated to degree level
- Previous financial services banking environment is desirable.